The Anglican faith in Scarborough goes back to the early decades of the 19th century.
St. George's Anglican, 3765 St. Clair Avenue, was founded in 1952. Like many other post-war start-up congregations, their first service was at one of the new schools in the bustling suburbia. The recently opened Fairmount school was the scene of that September 7 milestone in Anglican worship in Scarborough.
On Sept. 8 2002, St. George's will hold a special anniversary service.
The Scarboro Heights Record V10 #9